As VSP, we are committed to shift our structure and operations to a more responsible and sustainable approach everyday.
Our goal is to run a 100% renewable and clean operation and we aim to continue to improve towards this goal and give our customers peace of mind that they can be wearing our products with a clear conscience, that humans, animals, or the earth has not suffered in the making of our products.
We aim to maintain our low environmental impact practices and hopefully increase both our awareness and reduce impact on the environment with time. We are currently in collaboration with consulting companies to help us achieve a better goal in sustainability and discover new ways to practice responsibility more. Knowing that the transformation towards a more sustainable future is a process that will be happening step by step, we are ready and dedicated to play our part for our home, Earth.
JOURNEY OF A VSP PRODUCT
- All the high-quality raw materials we use in our collections are by-products of the food industry with long-term usage; sheepskins, leathers that are carefully sourced, and special fabrics with natural fibers.
- 95% of all our raw materials sourcing will be certified or audited by the Leather Working Group Protocol in 2021.
- We take conscious steps on reducing our environmental footprint everyday. In 2021, 100% of our nappa and suede leather materials are planned to be tanned by eco-friendly processes and we aim to reach the same percentage for our shearling/sheepskin materials by the end of 2022.
- Our raw materials are provided mainly from Turkey, Spain, Italy and the United Kingdom.
- Longevity and durability is one of our strong suits. With our high quality materials and timeless designs we aim our products to last not just a period but a lifetime. VSP timeless silhouettes are produced with artisanal care and craftsmanship for high durability.
- For labeling and packaging, we use biodegradable fabrics and recycled papers.
- All the garments and accessories are made in Turkey with love.
The Leather Working Group (LWG) objective is to develop/maintain a protocol that assesses the environmental compliance and performance capabilities of leather manufacturers and promotes sustainable environmental practices.
The LWG perspective is to work with the leather supply chain to identify the responsible suppliers through a system developed within the audit process.
The LWG recognizes the importance of transparency and traceability within the supply chain. It is only through transparency of supply that consumers, brands, and their supply chain can ensure that the materials used in products can be sustainably selected and sourced.
Full transparency and traceability of all types of raw materials is a fundamental building block to ensure that inappropriate exploitation of people, places, and damage to the environment (such as deforestation and pollution) do not take place.
As part of an ongoing drive for continuous improvement, LWG is currently reviewing its traceability requirements in regard to its audit processes in conjunction with the National Wildlife Federation (NWF) to ensure that it remains relevant and robust.